Many of you have owned our most popular line of tools since their inception in the 60’s. The Cordless soldering iron line has changed nearly a dozen times since it has come out. Many of these obsolete Iso-Tip soldering tools can be refurbished to a like new condition. Our highly trained team frequently brings irons as old as the 70’s back from the brink. If you are interested in our refurbishment program click here.
Most of these products have been obsolete for more than 20 years. Here is a list of all Obsolete Iso-Tip Soldering Tools, a few recommended replacement options and what tools are available for our refurbishment program.
Click here to visit our online store for our current product catalog.
Tools Available for Refurbishment
- Grey Model #7700 (Replacement Model #7700)
Click here to learn more about our refurbishment program.
Obsolete Iso-Tip Soldering Tools & Replacement Options
Most of the Iso-Tip tools were discontinued in order to create a stronger more efficient product. Below is a list of all of our discontinued and obsolete tools. A large number of these tools have yet to be seen by the current staff at Iso-Tip. So if you have one, send us a picture!
- #1371-001 Replacement battery for the RED #7800 and RED #7840 (Here’s a list of available replacement options.)
- #7870 25-Watt corded soldering iron.
- #7872 40-Watt corded soldering iron.
- #7873 Replacement tip for #7870
- #7874 Replacement tip for #7872
- #6785 4-in-1 pocket filer
- #7459-002 24-count solder paste display
- #7541 Standard PC cutter tip
- #7569 Standard V tip
- #7574 Standard Concave tip
- #7675 Universal Ni-Cad Battery Charger
- #7420 Static-Free Large Grip Desoldering Tool
- #7421 Static-Free Large Grip Replacement Tip
- #7430 Static-Free Small Grip Desoldering Tool
- #7431 Static-Free Small Grip Replacement Tip
- #7425 Anti-Static Desoldering Tool
- #7426 Anti-Static Replacement Tip
- #9002 Smart Torch Pro (Current model is the 7978 Smart Torch EZ)
- Cordless Auto Feeding Soldering Gun
- Wahl Iso-Tip Brighteyes Pro
- #7974 Pro 70 Butane Soldering Iron (Current model is the #9010 Pro 90 Soldering Iron)
- #7800 Yellow “60” Pro Charge Soldering Iron Kit (Current model is #7700 Quick Charge or our new #8000 Power Pro Advanced)
Click here to check out our current cordless irons available for purchase, and click here to check out our current butane irons available for purchase.
Have an old iron? Contact us here for replacement options!
Is it possible to get replacement tips for a Wahl Iso-Tip Model 7470 Soldering Iron?
Unfortunately this item was discontinued by Wahl before we got the line in 2008, so we don’t have any replacements for that item. Sorry about that.
So the replacement battery for the 7952 is no longer available. The replacement is the standard 7700 1300mah battery. So why did we pay extra for the unit with the larger battery??? Seems like a bait and switch especially when the batteries have to be replaced after every 6-10 uses.
Timothy – I have the same situation with the 7952 Power Pro iron. The original battery is 1800mah vs the 7700 battery that is only 1300mah. The extra cost was for the bigger battery. Unfortunately, just like you stated, the bigger battery frequently failed and required replacement. For me, it was about every 18 months vs 6-10 years for the 7700. I think they got something in the charger wrong. The 7952 was always hot to the touch after sitting in the charger while the 7700 is always room temperature. I’m trying the new Power Pro Advanced with the LiFePO4 Battery. Hopefully, it’s truly “Advanced”!
I have an Isotip cordless soldering iron and charger, model 7952. Iron would not charge. I replaced battery with new equivalent battery from Batteries + Bulbs. New battery will not charge after installation in soldering iron. Is there a way to check if the charger is faulty?
can i get parts for the iso-tip model S.I. ?
I have Wahl model SL Iso-Tip soldering iron what size battery do i need .please send other specs for the item p